"Without Purse Or Script"

Friday, May 13, 2011

"I Have A Family Here On Earth, They Are So Good To Me"

Maybe I am just trying to get back in touch with my childhood, but I find it easy to remember all the songs I used to sing in church as a little kid.  There is a beauty about the simplicity of the message that they share and an even greater beauty to the depth of its meaning.  I have pondered many times on the words to the Hymn: "Families Can Be Together Forever" and considered it truth in my own life.  I am one of the lucky kids who grew up in a good home, raised by good parents, with good siblings.  Life has not always been perfect but things have been easier because I have parents who care and sisters who support me.  "The family is ordained of God" (The Family: A Proclamation to the World).  In my family, we were never alone, we always cared for and respected each other.  I know that God has prepared a way for our families to be happy and to live together forever and I'm grateful for the blessings of the holy temples that provide us that possibility.  I hope to live in a manner in which I may see them gathered with my Heavenly Family. 

1 comment:

  1. that was beautiful! thank you for that post! I love knowing that my family is eternal! and for the people who don't have an eternal family, they can have there own one day! what comfort this brings to my heart!

    ReplyDelete