"Without Purse Or Script"

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What Draws Me There?

This morning while I was looking at this picture, I thought of how bad I wanted to be there.  I think of good friends and missionaries that surround me, and I want to be with them.  I started to wonder, what is it that draws me to want to be with these people, or at this place?  One may suggest, because beauty.  Another, the bond or connection.  Another may say it is because of a neat, clean appearance.  Or it may be the atmosphere of love and comfort.  All of these give me a vision of what heaven may be.

I define draw, partly, as a means of pulling up or out of despair.  We know that everyone that is born with the light of Christ, (Moroni 7:16), and that this inward force drives us to do right and come to God.  To completely define draw, in this manner, it is an effect that causes us to be pulled out of despair and to move continuously towards God.  These things that draw me to Him, are places or people previously designed by the Lord to bless my life.  I know this applies to us all.  A scripture to help understand this, is found in Jeremiah 31:3.   "I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." 

I am drawn to these places because of the love that I feel.  That love is everlasting.  That love is the perfect, and fills our souls with peace and joy.  May we draw close to Him as He draws close to us.

3 comments:

  1. that was beautiful Elder McBride! thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! We tend to be drawn to those places that are filled with His love! I know that His love is everlasting for all of us. I hope that we all can continue to draw nearer to Him so that He can draw near to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true. Christ can't make us come to Him, but He draws us, allowing us to learn and choose and love Him for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete